ACV complements the work of the volunteer whatever and wherever that may be, in a variety of ways:
- by bringing together people with similar interests
- by enabling information and experience to be exchanged
- by helping volunteers develop and maintain adequate and appropriate standards
- by co-operating with organsations and full time staff in fostering volunteer satisfaction in what they do
The ACV Magazine and the Newsletter are each published twice a year.
Annually, normally on the first weekend in October, the ACV holds its Annual Gathering, including the AGM . This is held at a different venue in different parts of the UK, on each occasion.
ACV has been consulted by training organisations when national training standards are defined. We have had a direct influence in the development of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ), such as the NVQ in Environmental Conservation and are currently investigating the practicality of OCN qualifications for Countryside Volunteers.
Study weekends and Social meetings for Countryside Volunteers have been organised from time to time.
Committee representatives meet regularly to discuss on-going business.
Click the Merchandise tab above for a list of Association merchandise and printable PDF Order Form.
- Category: Pages
- Published on Monday, 24 September 2012 15:02